Everything Immersive This Week (2/24/2018)
Get cozy with all of the immersive news from the last seven days
This week on NoPro: we discussed some of the issues with Steven Soderbergh’s Mosaic as well as making a defense of the “choose-your-own-adventure” format, one of our own snuck into a supervillain convention in Brooklyn and made it back out, another NoPro writer participated in an underground revolution in London, while a different NoPro reviewer boarded a subway train and time-travelled back to 1964.
Our LA and NYC newsletters come out this weekend! And don’t forget you can always turn to our Now Playing section to see what else might be available.
Want more? Come hang with us on Slack. Get your Slack invite!
ON THE PODCAST THIS WEEK
Kathryn sits down with Taylor Myers of Roll The Bones to talk about his storied career (Sleep No More, Then She Fell, Grand Paradise) and the upcoming film Hamlet in the Golden Vale, capturing an immersive performance in an Irish castle.
SHOWS, EVENTS, & EXPERIENCES (NEWSWIRE)
Austin (SXSW): Westworld
Kitchener, Ontario: TOUCH
San Francisco: Storytelling and Tools w/360/VR/MR
Savannah, GA: The Summit
Sydney: Machi Adventure
Both our own, and from around the web!
- How to Infiltrate a Super Villain Convention (A NoPro Adventure)
- Telltale Games and Steven Soderbergh’s ‘Mosaic’
- Boarding the Train with “Dutchman” (The NoPro Review)
- ‘Revolution’: An Uprising in Audience Agency (A NoPro Adventure)
- Review of Party Skills for the End of the World – Shoreditch Town Hall
- “Southern Gothic” is the House Party of the Season –
- The Droves
- Alcatraz Escape Games – Prison Bus Escape [Review] – Room Escape Artist
- Review: SOUTHERN GOTHIC at Windy City Playhouse | PerformInk
- StoryCode Reviews – Meow Wolf: House of Eternal Return
- Review: The Droves at CoLab Factory – Exeunt Magazine
- ‘Thus With a Kiss I Die’ packs an immersive theater experience
- Location Based VR Revs Up New Year
- 6 Alternate Reality Game Examples: Using ARGs For Corporate Training – eLearning Industry
- Magic Leap Job Posting Reveals the Company is Preparing to Enter the Retail Space
- REA Weekly Roundup – February 18, 2018 – Room Escape Artist
- Awesome Alert: 50 Swings Installed Around S.F. – February 19, 2018 – SF Weekly
- How Cynthia Von Buhler Turned A Crowdfunded Party Into A Lavish ‘Illuminati Ball’
- This All-Female Founders Pitch Event Was Held in VR – VRScout
- 4 Big Ideas from the 2018 Immersive Design Summit
- Allow children to make theatre and who knows what the future might bring
- 6 Artists Behind Meow Wolf’s New Rooms
- Microsoft Confirms Follow-Up To HoloLens Mixed Reality Headset – VRScout
- Sensory Fiction, the book which was plugged in
- Tomb Raider Launches Free VR Movie Tie-In Experience – VRScout
- HBO to build “Westworld” town of Sweetwater for immersive experience at SXSW Festival next month | Inside the Magic
- A Hands on Look at the State of Input in VR – VRScout
- Facebook Will Share Its ‘Biggest AR/VR News To Date’ At F8
- What if Bioshock Was a Live Action Interactive Theater Experience?
- Announcing Keynote Nonny de la Peña and Featured Speakers Gayle King, Bernie Sanders, Arnold Schwarzenegger & More
- Blog: Meet I’d Be Lost Without It creators Wet Picnic – Stratford Circus
- The Big Surround: Nancy and Tarra talk Immersivity on Texas Stages
- Interview with Deb Sivigny
- Google Announces ARCore 1.0 Update and New AR Experiences – VRScout
- San Diego, CA: Room Escape Recommendations – Room Escape Artist
- Who you Gonna Call? AR Game Ghostbusters World in 2018
No Proscenium is a labor of love made possible by our generous backers like you: join them on Patreon today or the tip the author of this article directly on Gumroad:
In addition to the No Proscenium web site, our podcast, and our newsletters, you can find NoPro on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, in our online community Everything Immersive, and in our Slack forum.
Everything Immersive This Week (2/24/2018) was originally published in No Proscenium: The Guide To Everything Immersive on Medium, where people are continuing the conversation by highlighting and responding to this story.
Powered by WPeMatico